High performance computing (HPC) is a strong contributor to scientific advancement, industrial innovation, and the quality of human life. But few HPC success stories have been documented and quantified, and the relationship between investments in HPC and subsequent returns (ROI) is not well understood.
IDC has launched a program to both collect this data and recognize noteworthy achievements using High Performance Computing (HPC) resources.
The brief application form (BELOW) can be either:
(a) Completed below or online at: www.hpcuserforum.com/innovationaward/applicationform
(b) Or filled out and faxed or mailed to us by downloading the form here
We are interested in ROI examples from today or dating back as far as 10 years.
Please complete and submit a separate application form for each ROI / Innovation success story.
Your organization may have many ROI examples, it would be great if you could provide 3 to 5 today.
Examples include the creation or rendering of a single movie, the design of a new car engine, the design of a new water pump, invention of a new process, etc. If your organization used HPC to help design 5 movies, or 10 car engines, or made 5 innovations, it would be great to get applications for each of them.
- Showcase success stories involving HPC in science and industry
- Help other users better understand the benefits of adopting HPC and justify HPC investments
- Create a large database of ROI and innovation success stories to model the impact of investing in HPC
- Demonstrate the value of HPC to funding bodies and expand public support for increased HPC investments
AWARD PROCESS—HOW WINNERS WILL BE SELECTED
- All submissions will receive a careful and complete review
- Submissions must contain a clear description of the dollar value (Q4) or innovation level (Q8) received in order to qualify and the HPC investments made for the project (Q10)
- Volunteers from the HPC User Forum Steering Committee will conduct an initial ranking of the submissions (then domain and vertical experts will be called on, as required, to assess the submissions)
- Winners will be notified in advance of any public announcement, which are made at ISC and Supercomputing
IMPORTANT NOTE: IDC's HPC team is available to answer questions, including how to quantify your achievements — Feel free to contact us at: email@example.com